How to transfer applications from iPhone 3G to iPhone 4?
Got the new iPhone 4 and want to transfer applications from current iPhone 3G to your iPhone 4? An easy way is to copy all the apps from your current iPhone 3G to your iTunes on computer and then sync them to your new iPhone 4. This guide explains how to transfer applications from your current iPhone to your new iPhone 4 in a few clicks.
Part 1: Transfer applications from current iPhone 3G to iTunes on computer
Step 1: Right click on your iPhone in the left hand explorer bar,
Step 2: Select "Transfer Purchases"
Step 3: You should see a progress bar in iTunes and your phone should read "Sync in Progress"
Step 4: If everything went as planned, all of your applications that were purchased on your iPhone should now appear in iTunes
Done! All the applications are on your iTunes now.
Part 2: Sync applications from iTunes to your iPhone 4
Step 1: Connect your new iPhone 4 to iTunes. iTunes will ask you if you want to restore from a backup or set up your new iPhone as a new phone. If iTunes does not prompt you to select a backup to restore when you connect your new iPhone, use iTunes to restore iOS on your new iPhone and try this step again.
Step 2: Select your new iPhone and then click the tabs (Info, Music, Photos, Applications and so on) and specify which media and information you want to sync from iTunes to your iPhone.
Step 3: Click Apply in the lower-right corner of the screen to sync your new iPhone 4 with iTunes.
Done! Enjoy your new iPhone apps.
- How to transfer iPhone Songs/Vidoes/Photos to computer or iTunes?
- How to transfer iPhone Music/Vidoes/Photos to Mac?
- How to backup copy and transfer iPhone SMS to Computer?
- How to backup copy and transfer iPhone Contacts to Computer?
- How to transfer applications from iPhone to Computer?
- How to transfer songs/videos/photos/playlists from iPod to Computer?
- How to transfer songs/videos/photos/playlists from iPod to Mac or iTunes?
- How to transfer and backup call list from iPhone to Computer?
- How to transfer and backup iBooks from iPhone to computer?
- How to transfer and backup iBooks from iPad to computer?